A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness.

I feel it especially when I am alone. When no one's around.

What is all this.

And then I look at the tree whose leaves are swaying in the evening breeze. I shift the focus of my eye to a bird on it. And then to the clouds above. What is all this, the question inside me is heard louder. I feel the pangs in my tummy. A couple of sweat drops appear on my brows.

What the hell is life.

I walk around for a couple of minutes. I hear the sounds around; the chirping of the birds, the gush of the wind. I hear my feat stamping on the ground. I look down at my feet.

What is the aim of life.

Happiness, another voice quickly answers.

I feel better at the answer. At least there is an answer. Only achieving it is remaining. When will I achieve it. Should I wait for happiness. Or should I be always happy. Am I ready to die right at this instant.

No.

That is because I want to do something more. Not something, many things more. Will there be any end to what I want to do. In any case, what will I get out of what I do. Is it not an eternal pursuit of happiness. In that case, I should have been pursuing to be happy even now, right now. If I were to be happy now, why would I bother about being happy later. That is because I know that I am happy now temporarily. I will not be happy later. So I do things which make me happy.

But let me tell you what happens in the process. In the pursuit of happiness, I fear not being happy. I doubt the results of what I do. Or rather, I doubt if my pursuit will lead me to happiness. So I am unhappy. I fear. I bother. I worry. So, in order to be happy later, I tend to become unhappy now.

I climbed up the terrace and strolled across. I sat down on a mat which I had carried and closed my eyes. I held my back straight. I stretched my hands and kept them over my knees.
Many things came in front of my eyes. I remembered the pretty girl whom I had talked to. Kazakhstan President would come tomorrow as the Chief guest of the Republic day ceremony. The man who had scorned at me in the magazine shop. I had fallen from the bike at a big junction of roads. I had almost hit the ...


It was a while before the intensity of thoughts had reduced. My breath had become deeper. I concentrated on my breath more. I was feeling alive. I was really living. I was with myself. I wasn't lost in the world. I was feeling lighter at heart. And happier.

6 comments:

  1. yen maga happy happy anta idiya.. slumdog nodu.. happy aagbidtiya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautifully written , i can relate a lot to this blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that you watch yourself closely. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super machaa.. nijvaglu.. really nice!

    ReplyDelete