A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Monday, April 20, 2009

And again..till again

If life is not hope, then what else is it?

Me and my friend were sitting in the corridor. It was lit by a few tube lights. A cool breeze was making its presence felt. It was as though the wind pulled the mind away from somewhere inside and transported it back in time. I was feeling slightly nostalgic. Or rather, I like feeling so. 

A little while ago, I had pointed a finger at the colourful sky. It was somewhere in between pink and orange. The sun wasn't visible. The brown eyes, gleaming as ever, looked out for the colour of the skies, while the black pair looked out for the brown. A natural smile had blossomed on the face while nature was playing in her different hues. It was yet another evening, an eventful one nevertheless. But the evening had drawn to a close. There was no light in the sky now. There might have been a few stars, but I didn't care to look out for them.  Me and my friend sat opposite to each other on the floor, our shoes pressing against each other's and each, looking blankly at somewhere. The silence was soothing. The mind was let free to jump from one imagination to another. No wonder it hopped on and on, from one imagery to another, nevertheless, silently and diligently, least letting the other person get a clue about anything it was doing. 

If parting was inevitable, and if it were to be painful, not meeting is a better....
I couldn't complete my sentence. I knew what I was about to say was what a loser would say. I didn't want to be one.

But how sad will we be when we are about to die. We should leave everthing. Everything. 
That would be very very painful. Especially so, if you would have liked your life. You don't like parting with something/someone you like, do you?
But then, life should be liked. It should be lived the way you like it. But still, you would have to part with it. Everthing has to be parted with, everything. 

But I don't like the idea. I know its true but I don't want the truth. I'll tell myself that there is hope. I am happier with hope than with truth. The hope tells me that there is always a hope. The hope keeps the hopes alive. It is the hope of possibility that sustains life. A corner of our mind hankers on to this hope of possibility, though simple analysis would prove the improbabilty of the possibility.

One simple example. Take orkut. To an extent, it is just a false sense of belonging. We all know its almost improbable that we meet any/many of the people in our friend's list anytime in our lives. We wont see their face nor do we talk to them. We don't connect to each other at any level, emotional, physical, mental or whatever. Its just virtual. But still, we have a false sense of belonging. It gives us an impression that we are all connected. Just a matter of choice(to connect), that would almost certainly be wasted. But, a corner of my mind immediately protests. It says I have the choice. It says, things are possible. It says, its not impossible. Orkut has made things possible. But the truth remains - possibility doesn't imply probability.

But again, we live on hope. Hope gives inspiration. Inspiration can transform into perspiration. And perspiration makes things possible. Did they, who asked us not to lose hope, have this in mind? 

Hope isn't being untrue. Its a unifying force. A force which can lead towards truth. 

What truth, did you ask?
I would have told, if I knew.

I just hope I keep meeting her again and again and again. 
 

   
and again :)

Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, but talking about the truth - who are you, who is she ? This giving-up- everything concept is interesting. It would mean, if one gives up everything, only the true self remains or is it so ? Is that the goal of life :P ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I knew who I was ;)
    But I know who she is :)
    Although it would be slightly at a tangent wrt to the blog content, here is what I understand by your question.
    You say, X-everything=true X
    This would lead to pacification of X. X wouldn't do anything in life.
    If you ask why should X do anything, please refer to Chapter 3 of the Bhagavadgita.
    So, giving up is not pacification. Giving up is an act of selflessness. The fruits of our actions should be given up for, there follows immediate peace. For more info on 'giving up', refer the Chapter 4 of the Gita.

    ReplyDelete