A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Monday, October 27, 2008

Light words

I hurriedly got into the bus. It had started to rain. It was not a direct bus, but I could not afford to wait for one. The previous day I had faced the onslaughts with a brave heart. But surely, I didn't feel very great at being such a coward today, either.

No sooner I got myself a ticket than did the right bus come. I went to the conductor and asked him if he could take back my ticket. I don't know why these people don't talk when they are 'angry'. I came back and sat at my seat.

'You could have exchanged your ticket with someone', said my neighbour.

Ahh, thats true. I could have.

Or the driver could have atleast informed you about the new bus. Now, neither you nor he has an advantage.

'True. Very true. No advantage at all,' I mumbled.
'That too it is raining these days!', I said, slightly at a tangent.

Ahh! Rain. You saw how it rained yesterday? Ohh!

Yes, if this continues, how bout deepaaLi. What about crackers? Generally it should stop raining before deepavaLi.

'Yaa', he said.

I continued 'This is the retreating north-east monsoon which is causing all this.' I thought I was showing off a bit.

This monsoon, you see, it comes back after going from south-west', I explained when he didn't say anything.

It is not only that. There are more reasons. The ice is melting in Atlantic.

I knew he was upto something hillarious. 'What ice', I persisted.

This ice is melting. Because of heat.

Ohh! Global warming?!

Yes, global warming. Thats why all these rains.

I could hardly control my smile.

PS: I am not very sure if gloabal warming causes rainfall in Karnataka. He might be right in saying so.
Also, recently, a girl supposedly committed suicide because she thought our dear planet would come to an end because of the CERN experiments going on in Europe. The black holes created would engulf all of us. I dont blame the girl. She was a mere victim of the ignorance prevailing around.

Happy DeepavaLi! :)
Let it dispel the darkness, around and within..

13 comments:

  1. Finally !! .. the real reason for rains in Karnataka... I always knew all this south-west, north-west wind theory was just a conspiracy ... u should have taken tht fine gentleman's card !!!! ... hehhee... great man ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh ..almost forgot ... Happy Diwali !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Happy DeepavaLi! :)
    Let it dispel the darkness, around and within.."

    Wonderful thought indeed... Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame the guy. His theory can atleast convince 50% population of India, that is ppl like him and dumber. There is atleast some link somewhere ice, water, rain...U often get to hear even more hillarious stuff. Like some ****** sed Korea and Karnataka are similar civilizations cuz both use "Appa" for father...wat bull-shit is that?... :P

    Happy Diwali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said that??
    Oh! man, he must be rewarded. Even I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. was an IIT Kanpur student from some Laser-Show department..:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh! How brainy people have become these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy DeepavaLi to you too !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. did you read the report that some 'scientists' think that global warming is caused by cows farting? (that's right, cows farting)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one...i have had similar experiences during my childhood days with bus conductors..ur blog relived some of the old memories..!

    Happy Deepavali!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @bharath
    Its not farting maga. I read that it was the gas coming out of cow's mouth which contained methane or something which is one of the green house gases.
    Utilizing this would be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yellinda bandrenu, husu huse :P

    ReplyDelete