A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Thursday, December 11, 2008

8th standard love

My friend recently remarked:

'If someone goes through your blogs he should feel 'Ah! this guy is so nice', but actually you are a 'harami' '.

I responded by making up a theory of my own, as usual, by saying 'everyone is a harami, only the percentage varies.'

He agreed.

Very different from what was written above, I'll include a conversation below which, I found, was pretty interesting:

Two 8th std boys were sharing their experiences with me after playing table tennis with each other for a while.

One of them said that they had 'love leaders' in their class. And all they had to do was report to the teacher the names of all those who were involved in 'love'.

The other said they didn't have anything like that lest the leaders themselves should leverage extra mileage among the girls of the class. 'Captains, Vice-captains', and he burst out laughing.

I could not grasp fully what he meant by that. I can only guess that he hinted at some sort of hierarchy involved!

I said 'Hey, that's unfair. Love shouldn't be punished. After all, it is normal, natural. All that is natural is normal, only it should be within some limits.'

'What is normal', he protested. Etching the name on the hand isn't normal, getting admitted to the hospital isn't normal, writing names on the books isn't normal, writing names on the tiffin box isn't normal.

But all that he just told had been done by some guy or the other when I was in 8th standard myself. That doesn't justify cutting oneself with blades, but this is nothing new, I thought.
I wondered what these guys thought love was.

You also love someone, eh?
'I don't, but a girl loves me, so I was told by a friend of her's' he said.

I gave them tips on how to remain at optimum distances from girls, affairs, love and affiliations. I also told them not to totally remain isolated from such things either.

They giggled.

I smiled.

And there ends the conversation.

But before everything's over, I have something to remark. I know someone very special (I won't tell who) who has told me that he/she has been in 'love' with someone from 8th standard and that he/she is also on her/his way to marry him/her. He/she is quite a responsible person, not the laila-majnu types either.

I wonder how that can be possible.
Nothing should be taken lightly, nothing. Even 8th standard love!

5 comments:

  1. I support your friend's views about you. No wonder you could teach the kids how to keep girls away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second your friend who supports your friend!
    well isn't all love 8th standard-ish? innocence i mean (and hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varunadeva's friend recognition algorithm:
    The second-ing friend of a friend's friend who supports the friend's friend's view is the friend himself.

    Corollary: A friend in need may or may not be a friend indeed.

    The above corollary may be arrived at by recursive application of the above mentioned alogorithm.

    I am insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel all 'loves' are equally valuable. Also, there must be one single thread connecting the 'loves' happening in the human heart in a lifetime of varying personality and outlook. They must essentially be the same in the underlying character, only appearing differently at different times!(@bharath)

    ReplyDelete