A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rumblings

First things first. People have been coming to this site from Jordan and Mecca and Hong-Kong and Iran and Kashmir, not to mention scores from USA. Although, I wouldn't take much credit for the last country, so heavily populated by either friends or friends of friends. Nevertheless, I am becoming literally world famous this year, aich!

So, coming back to business, my preaching.

Public Display of Affection, an euphemism for shameless love-making, has become quite common in the garden city of India. Any side road without street lights, or the 'umbra' and 'penumbra' wherever they are present are heavens for our street lovers. Much more interesting is the fact they leaving the blushing business to the onlookers; they seldom seem to care. Girls at least, I had thought, were more thoughtful. mmmhhhu.

Why do you bother? Let them do whatever they want.

Thats true. But that needs practice. Initially, you are only too shocked.

Once I had been to the Qutub minar, alone. It was crap. I hadn't pretty much liked going alone. Feels like you are alone. A group of 5, I feel is optimum. Why five? I have no idea. I just felt so. This is it about feelings, you see. You don't need to have any logic behind it.

Anyway, there I saw a couple deeply engrossed in intimacy. I was shell shocked. They didn't seem to bother about anyone. That aspect was good, though. Do what you want without a care.
Unable to bear it anymore, I thought of sharing my 'feelings' with a guy nearby. I thought of saying 'What non-sense it this. They could go else where if they want to do all this.'

I was about to open my mouth when I suddenly 'felt' otherwise. A minute later, the youth I thought of sharing my 'feelings' with, exchanged places with the youth engrossed in intimacy. The girl stayed there. 'Oh, man. You are saved', I had 'felt'.

Well that was it. Thats was in the year before last.

Also, when I was younger, I used to get excited about new years. Now, I have grown up, mind you. Not easily excited. But still, it gives you enough excuses to wish a girl you always wanted to talk to or gives you sufficient reason to sit together around a fire and eat groundnuts or some such thing.
I wish all of you who read what I write, a very happy new year. For those who don't read what I write, they might 'feel' I wished them too!

4 comments:

  1. Very well written man. The best thing is that ur style of writing is strikingly similar to the way one thinks. A prominent line(or intention) of thinking marked with very natural digressions to apparently loosely related events is indeed the way mind works when u sit down thinking about some topic to write or in general. I appreciate the fact that in the course of writing u have held on to the main line effectively and concluded it in an open-ended fashion.

    Regarding my opinion about the topic..hmm. I think we shud make our peace with the perpetrators of PDA :). I mean there shud be separate places 4 couples 2 hang out. So others can avoid feeling awkward in rest of the places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your comment, I reread the entire thing twice just to confirm whatever you told was indeed true. Atleast, I would like to believe it so!
    I recently read The White Tiger. The line:
    'I just felt so. This is it about feelings, you see. You don't need to have any logic behind it.'; and the repetitive of the word 'feel', more than once, were, maybe in a vague way, influenced by the style of the novel.
    But that's the way we learn you see. A wo/man is a manifestation of his sorroundings, consciously and unconsciously.
    (Genes also sometimes help)

    ReplyDelete
  3. among all the other things u write here, this was something good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you 'ivanhoe'. How did you happen to come here, just curious :)

    ReplyDelete