A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tera Chehra

One girl started asking from behind me: "Sir, I know what I say may not be practical. But is it not possible?
When Sonia Gandhi wanted to become the Prime Minister, there was wide-spread opposition. So then she dropped out. Similarly, if I may suggest, if any individual of our country goes about collecting opinions from the people of our country about who has to be the president of our country, and then submit it to the Supreme court, is it not possible to elect people like Abdul Kalam as the president of our country?
You might have noted, sir, that many mails were circulated around, supporting Abdul Kalam's presidency. There were around 92% people agreeing."

'Whatever can be correct, not the last line', I thought. Our country has 72% people living in villages. Supposing that around 5% have internet access there and that 5% among them would have receiver the mail there, and supposing a quarter of the people in the city have internet access and around 20% receive that particular mail, only 1.5% of the people of India would have voted in that case, that too supposing that everyone was in favour of Kalamji!

'Moreover, why supreme court? It is beyond its jurisdiction to elect presidents for our country', I said aloud. There will be a certain system which, if followed would lead to some order and peace. Every other good thing is supposed to follow. If there are flaws in the rule, correction should be resorted to. Breaking the rule, if everyone does, will lead us nowhere. We have the rule for us, by us and .. I forgot the third thing. I got confused between 'of us' and 'to us'. But stopped it abruptly.

'I know, but it might be possible, isn't it?'

The knowledgeable teacher gave her a satisfactory reply which made her reasonably happy, or that is what I thought. I was only too surprised by the way people thought.

But I was happier standing next to the pretty girl. She was glancing at me periodically. No, its not that. But I do not know why she was turning her face towards me repeatedly.

"But why do we have to do things in the same old way. We can change the system", that girl from behind continued.

'We are supposed to follow our constitution', I said slowly turning back, half seeing the pretty girl before turning fully towards the girl standing behind, with a blossoming smile on my face. She was reaction-less. I rolled my eye towards the pretty girl standing next to me. She was smiling. I tried to smile more. None noticed, though.

I have been staring at her for longer, these days.

'All the things that make you happy are free of cost. But you unnecessarily keep searching for happiness', a friend of mine had quoted some great man saying. The good friend had quoted sleep as his own example. You might have known by now what I am trying to quote!

A smile.

1 comment:

  1. Good topic for debate...:)Interested topic ended with your smile story:)

    ReplyDelete