A blog is actually something like a diary which you might want to share with a few people. And things I write here are neither limited to a few things (or names, places, animals) nor do they cover everything under the sun. Nevertheless, it is more personal than is general. People might find delight in reading blog, writing them or just.. (what else can they do??)

And here is my blog, open to you all and wanting readership, though not desperately!

So why don't you just go ahead and read through.. :)


Saturday, December 20, 2008

A plan

So here you go!


'I feel like reading a newspaper when I read you blog', was one comment.
It continued thus 'But I don't like newspapers. :). But sometimes I do like reading them.'

'Which paper do you read?', I thought of asking.
Ultimate moron-ish behaviours, huh.

Then,

'Are you a f***in philosopher, giving ideas to the world?', was one more.

'Your standard is too high. I have to read it 2-3 times to understand', was one more.
If this was a compliment, I hardly felt happy.

There is one who wrote back her own experience related to a post.

There are a few who dismiss it saying they find it too boring.

In order to make my posts more intereshting, I came up with an idea when I was watching 'Life of Mammals' on Animal Planet.
Life of Varun. How will that be?! Sounds like crap, I understand. But I will shorten it to something more cool. LoV, may be, pronounced as 'love'. You all would love to read it, I know.

Here are some of the salient features of LoV:

-They would be titled LoV followed by a number indicating the episode.
-They would contain actual incidents mixed with some amount of masala to make a interesting need in such a manner so as not to mask the original story.
-Real names/real places/realistic time scales will be included.
-Reader discretion would be advised, which weren't a pre-requisite until now.

Amendments in the proposed plan are whole heartedly accepted.

At least this time, I hope it doesn't resemble a newspaper, huh.

8 comments:

  1. Thre r always going to b ppl who disagree with u..do as u please..its ur blog..ur space

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you give so much importance to comments? Do you write for comments' sake? Tell the people what you wish to.
    Comments are definitely encouraging and make you feel important but that shouldn't change the very reason for the existence of the blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Do you write for comments' sake?'
    I may. Otherwise, I may as well write a diary and keep it under the bed.
    Nevertheless, I am reminded of a poem in Kannada:
    'Haadu hakkige beke, birudu sanmana!'
    (Does a singing bird sing for accolades, roughly).
    I also write for my own satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you got my point. I know very well that 'comments' are the essence of blogs. But I don't really think you should change what you actually intend to write to something which will fetch you good comments.
    Nevertheless I appreciate the fact that you are being very honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ...continue writing as you always do it dude...No need to change for some stupid comment's sake....Well I wud love your blog more if by reading ur blog I can feel we are in our Mess having breakfast and chitchatting about "You know what" subjects in a typical "Varunish" style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poorna, Saurabh, that was helpful. Thank you!
    Honesty is the best policy, I again realize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who calld u a f***ing philosopher btw? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! One Mr. Santosh, who comments here sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete